Yorba Linda's Government Access Channel (Channel 3) provides a means of disseminating information to the citizens of Yorba Linda concerning the programs, services, and deliberations of local government. The City offers a bulletin board service consisting of pictures and/or text generated information to eligible system users defined in City Council Policy A-6, Use of Government Access Channel. Programming that is outside the scope of the Channel's mission and goals will not be aired. Requests to utilize the bulletin board service must be submitted to the City Manager's Office at least two weeks (10 business days) prior to the proposed airdate. Requests must be submitted on the City's application (with the digital message attached) and the message must comply with the production specifications outlined in the Bulletin Board Information Sheet.
Internal and external users are eligible to request programming within the scope of services set forth in City Council Policy A-6, Use of Government Access Channel. Upon submittal of requests, City staff will review the application to ensure that all content is in accordance with the City’s policy and then notify the applicant the status of the application. The date of input and the duration of the approved broadcast will be subject to staff availability and channel capacity. The message will automatically be removed from the Channel on midnight the day of the event.
External users wishing to utilize the bulletin board service must comply with the following production guidelines:
1. Requests must be made on the City’s application with the digital message attached.
2. An application must be completed for each proposed message request.
3. Each line of the message must not exceed 35 characters, including spaces and punctuation marks.
4. Message must be displayed in black text, Arial or Times New Roman font, and not displayed in all caps.
5. Digital messages must be submitted as jpeg files and 16 x 9 inches (landscape) or 1024 x 768 pixels in size.
6. Files must be production ready.
7. Requests must be received at least two weeks (10 business days) prior to the proposed airdate.
The City Manager, or his designee, has the right and authority to deny any program request when it is determined, following review of a complete application and message submission, that the bulletin board message does not meet the criteria set forth in the City’s policy, the applicant fails to provide all required information, or the applicant fails to provide truthful information.
Please contact the City Manager's Office at (714) 961-7110 with any questions.
Copyright © 2016 - City of Yorba Linda
4845 Casa Loma Avenue, P.O. Box 87014 • Yorba Linda, CA 92885 • (714) 961-7100